Thursday 24 March 2011

Personal Statement.

I suppose you could call this my new personal statement?

'My love of drawing and bright colours leads me to draw... well... brightly coloured pictures.
Since graduating from Southampton Solent University in 2009 I've been drawing pictures for people - clients to be exact. These clients have included Umbro, Time Out London and Article Magazine.

After graduating from university I ran off and travelled around Europe for a couple of months. With me I took the bare essentials of: some Marmite, a debit card, a few pens, a few sketchbooks and a big pot of ink - which in turn decided to leak a lot.
During my travels I visited a long list of cities and drew everything I could, from people and road signs, to landmarks and cityscapes. The inspiration derived from these travels fed right back into my illustrations, and I was off drawing like a crazed madman in a darkened room.

For the time being I reside in Southampton, and work as a freelance illustrator. The world around me acts as my main influence, taking note of any surreal or entertaining situations and drawing them up later on. This is an attempt to portray a sense of humour in my work...

The world at large takes itself too seriously - I just want to create images that make people smile. This has been my main aim all along.'

No comments:

Post a Comment